I have two different set ups for my work.
In the office, I’m still using a 2015 Macbook Pro which is what they gave me when I got here. This thing still runs strong and I’m a fan. I use it with dual Thunderbolt 27" monitors.
- iTerm2 with oh-my-zsh and neovim. I don’t use vim all the time, but sometimes, I’m just more comfortable, especially for quick edits.
- Visual Studio Code has been my go to for while for all my TypeScript development. It is incredible that this editor gets more use than vim for me.
- Dank Mono is my font of choice. It’s not expensive, looks good, and has ligatures!
- PostMan is awesome for testing APIs and my apps. Love it!
- Dell XPS 13 with Windows 10.
- Kinesis Advantage 2 mechanical ergonomic keyboard. I bought this a few years ago and it was the best investment I ever made!
- Logitech MX Master mouse, that I can’t complain about.
- Blue Yeti black edition usb microphone for recording.
- Akai Pro 50x Studio Headphones on a regular basis, not my listening gear though.
- Headphon Stand, nothing fancy, does the job well.
- Vertical Laptop stand for my Dell.
- 12 Outlet Power Strip attached to the back of my desk.
I use a lot of the same software on my home PC that I do on my Mac, like VS Code, and PostMan.
- Camtasis/Snagit is my main recording software. The PC version has a lot more options than the Mac version.
- Terminus is my go to terminal emulator in Windows. I use it exclusively for Ubuntu subsystem on Windows.
And that’s about it. I’m looking into getting a new ultrawide monitor for home, so I’ll update on that when I do!