Some of the cool features covered in this quick demo video include:
- Easy styling of available widgets.
- FeatureLayer from a FeatureCollection-like source. Much easier to author than a FeatureCollection.
- New and improved Portal API and working with Portal items!
- Working with the MapImageLayer, formerly known as ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer, using definition expressions and sublayers!
- Lazy-load WebMaps until they are ready to be displayed!
- A bonus peek at a small enhancement that will prove useful in upcoming releases, shhhh…
This is by no means a complete list of new features in the 4.0 version of the API, nor does it cover changes from the beta releases, but gives a quick look at some cool stuff you’ll be able to do.
Some upcoming features not discussed here:
- Improved Map, View, LayerView, and working with layers.
- Data-visualization techniques in both 2D and 3D!
- Updated Portal API!
- Simplified API and single argument constructors.
- Advanced 3D capabilities and working with WebScenes!
- Much, much more
Keep an eye out for the 4.0 release coming soon and I look forward to seeing what cool apps developers will build!